Well I want to tell you not to be too nervous but you can’t help it obviously so here are some simple tips (I’m assuming you’re quite young so these will be suited to a casual job) -
- Wear something that makes you feel confident and is casual but classy. I would suggest some jeans, a simple t-shirt and some sneakers.
- Try to look your interviewer in the eye.
- Try to reply with sentence answers, not just yes/no/one word.
- Show them that you’re able to communicate well with people (this basically sums up the previous two points). You’re probably going to have to deal with people as I’m assuming you’re young and will be working in retail or hospitality as opposed to behind the scenes at a big company. Show them that you’re capable of this.
- Just be yourself! And remember to smile.
- If you sense that your interviewer has a sense of humor or is a decent human being, mention that you’re just a little nervous! They’ll understand completely and find you to be honest and humble which are good qualities in an employee.
I hope this helped a little! Good luck angel, let me know how it goes :) x